Treatment with Curonix Freedom® PNS is different
Peripheral Nerve Stimulation (PNS) from Curonix is a modern technique based on wireless nerve stimulation of affected nerves causing chronic pain. The Curonix Freedom stimulators are placed under the skin, close to the affected nerve, avoiding the need for tunneling to a distant site or a surgical cut down.
- Covered by most insurance payers, including Medicare.
- FDA cleared for marketing in the U.S.
- Electrode is implanted and activated wirelessly, using technology similar to that of a wireless cellphone charger.
Chronic Knee Pain Relief
The Freedom-1 study will treat patients with painful knee osteoarthritis or total knee surgery and seeks to reduce knee pain without the risks of major surgery or general anesthesia which may result in:
- Improvement in function and quality of life.
- A decrease in analgesic pain medications, including opioid medication.
Our Clinical Trial Might Be Right For You
This study will focus on the treatment of chronic knee pain from osteoarthritis, knee traumas and injuries resulting from surgical procedures of the knee, particularly, total knee replacement cases.
- Participants commit to 9 paid visits (You will be paid $50 for each visit) and 3 (unpaid) follow-up calls at 12-, 18- and 24 months after permanent implantation. Visits may be scheduled to coincide with regular follow-ups by your doctor.
- Research will measure the reduction in pain, the improvement of function and the safety of the device.
- The study is overseen and approved by an Institutional Review Board (IRB).
Your knee pain may improve while you are in this study; however, this cannot be promised. The potential benefits you may receive include the following:
- Reduced knee pain;
- Reduced pain medication use or dose;
- Improved quality of life;
- Improved mobility;
- Improved sleep;
- Ability to return to work or activities.